Mark Millard (CA)
Mr. Millard specializes in wrongful death and catastrophic injury cases. Prior to joining BD&J, Mark represented families who lost their loved ones and those who themselves suffered serious injuries at another well-respected litigation firm. He has extensive trial experience and has represented plaintiffs in federal and state court, as well as in both state and federal courts of appeal. Mark has recovered in excess of $140 Million on behalf of his clients.
Mark is a second career lawyer, having spent 10 years as an adolescent and family counselor before and while working his way through law school. His counseling background has enabled him to make and maintain strong relationships with his clients, most of who are dealing with horrific tragedies in their lives. Mr. Millard’s areas of practice focus on wrongful death and catastrophic injury cases resulting from aviation accidents, automobile and trucking accidents, injuries from defective products, tobacco caused injuries and death. He also represents people suffering economic harm from defective construction. He received his J.D. from Southwestern University of School of Law in Los Angeles, California in 1994 and was admitted to the California Bar the same year. Prior to Law School, he attended Pepperdine University where he obtained in 1989 a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration. He is no stranger to hard work as he worked full time while pursuing both degrees.
He was raised in Orange County and currently resides in Simi Valley with his wife Robin. His two children are both attending out of state colleges; his son in Philadelphia where he was recruited to play lacrosse while pursuing a business degree and his daughter in Texas with plans to follow her father into the practice of law.
Mr. Millard has obtained recoveries for his clients in excess of $140 million, including as examples in the following types of cases:
Representative Verdicts & Settlements
- $20 Million | Aviation Crash, Commercial
- $17.4 Million / Aviation Crash, Private
- $13.5 Million / Toxic Tort, Corporate Release
- $13.2 Million / Construction Defect
- $12.3 Million / Tobacco Wrongful Death Verdict
- $10.2 Million / Toxic Tort, Landfill Release
- $7 Million / Tobacco Wrongful Death Verdict
- $5 Million / Tobacco Wrongful Death Verdict
- $5 Million / Aviation Crash, Commercial-Single Family
- $4 Million / Aviation Crash, Commercial
- $3 Million / Entertainment, Set Injury and lost Earning Capacity Verdict
- $1.8 Million / MedFlight crash vs Air Traffic Control
- $1.7 Million / Tobacco Wrongful Death Verdict
- $1.7 Million / Electrocution Injury v SCE and City of Colton, Verdict
- $1.5 Million / Helicopter Crash
- $1.3 Million / Products Liability, Marine F-18 Crash
- $1.3 Million / Brain Injury vs Marine Corp.
- Choosing Venue in California Courts, Los Angeles Lawyer's Survival Guide for New Attorneys in California in both the Fall 2005 and Fall 2006 editions.
- The Practitioner Construction Defect Law, co-authored, Construction Defect Law Caved in By Supreme Court—The Land of AAS. 2001.
- Southwestern University School of Law, Los Angeles, CA 1994, J.D.
- Pepperdine University, 1989, B.S., Major in Business Administration
- California, 1994
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit
Sean Banafsheh (CA)View Profile
Founder & Manager Partner
Kevin Danesh (CA)View Profile
Founder & Managing Partner
Raphael Javid (CA)View Profile
Founder & Managing Partner
Shawn McCann (CA)View Profile
Tobin Ellis (CA)View Profile
Lauren Horwitz (CA)View Profile
Santo Riccobono (CA)View Profile
Owili Eison (CA)View Profile
Erica Chavez (CA)View Profile
Associate Attorney & Marketing Director
David Woolf (CA)View Profile
Jonathan Bakhsheshian (CA)View Profile
Normandy Kidd (CA)View Profile
Byron J. Abron (B.J.) (CA)View Profile
Gary Praglin (CA)View Profile