Erica Chavez is an associate at BD&J and serves as the firm's Marketing Director. Erica directs media relations, branding, advertising, website development, external communications, and client relationship support. She also manages and oversees sponsorships, events, charitable contributions, and marketing training for all BD&J brands.
Erica has more than 15 years of experience in personal injury law. Prior to joining BD&J, she worked at a well-respected personal injury law firm where she served as the firm's general manager and manager of catastrophic injury cases. After law school, Erica was asked to found and direct the Marketing Department at BD&J.
Erica earned her Juris Doctor from Southwestern Law School in Los Angeles, California. While in law school. she received several awards and recognition for her academic excellence. She received the Cali and Witkin awards for earning the top grade in her classes, served on the board of several honors societies and clubs, worked as a teaching assistant for evidence contracts and torts, and researched and edited for a professor who focused on gender equality in the legal profession. Erica continues to be involved at Southwestern, where she has served as a guest speaker and lecturer.
Erica is admitted to practice in all California State Courts.
- Southwestern University School of Law, Juris Doctor
Erica attended Southwestern Law School, where she obtained her J.D. During his time in law school, her work ethic and academic excellence were recognized with numerous awards, including the Cali and Witkin awards for having the top grade in her classes. Erica also served on the board of numerous honor societies and clubs and gained further experience as a teacher assistant (handled evidence contracts and torts, research, and editing). With a passion for her alma mater, Erica has volunteered her free time towards being a guest speaker and lecturer.
- Brain Injury Association of CA, Chairman of the Board
- Rancho Los Amigos National Rehabilitation Hospital (Foundation Board Member)
- Bienvenidos (Board Member)
- American Bar Association
- American Association of Justice
- Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles
- Beverly Hills Bar Association
- LA County Bar Association
- Mexican American Bar Association
- National Association of Women Lawyers
- Consumer Attorneys of California
- California Applicant’s Attorney Association