Jesse E. French is an Attorney with BD&J’s wrongful death and catastrophic injury team. He specializes in major personal injury litigation, with an emphasis on vehicle collisions, unsafe property, and unsafe products. He has been successful in and out of trial with over eight-figures recovered.
Jesse has been named a Super Lawyers Rising Star each year since 2015. He is one of the 2.5 percent of lawyers in California who were selected for this honor.
Jesse has been invited to the Million Dollar Advocates Forum and the inaugural class of the CAALA Trial Academy. He has memberships with the National Trial Lawyers Top 40 under 40 and the Harry S. Truman Foundation—a highly-selective organization dedicated to promoting public service.
Before joining BD&J, Jesse completed a prestigious fellowship with the American Board of Trial Advocates, which included a placement with the Honorable Daniel Buckley of the Los Angeles Superior Court. He then worked at another well-respected Plaintiff firm, Cheong, Denove, Rowell, and Bennett, where he litigated and co-tried major personal injury and medical negligence cases.
Jesse is a graduate of the Trojan Horse Method Trial Workshop and the ABOTA Jack Daniels Trial Academy. He received his Juris Doctor from UCLA School of Law, where he was Editor-in-Chief of the UCLA Pacific Basin Law Journal.
Jesse’s commitment to helping individuals extends outside his work. He volunteers as a UCLA Student Mentor and has served on the Board of the Western Center on Law and Poverty. He is active in a variety of organizations, including the Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles, the Consumer Attorneys of California, and the UCLA Law Alumni Association.
- Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2015-present
- National Trial Lawyers Top 40 under 40
- Harry S. Truman Foundation
Representative Verdicts & Settlements
- 8.0M, verdict, government liability
- 5.8M, verdict, medical negligence
- 3.5M, settlement, trucking collision
- 3.3M, settlement, motor vehicle collision
- 2.0M, settlement, trucking collision
- 1.95M, settlement, trucking collision
- 1.8M, settlement, motor vehicle collision
- 443,000, verdict, motor vehicle collision
- Navigating the Maze of Uninsured and Underinsured Motorist Coverage (Advocate 2015)
- UCLA Student Mentor
- Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles
- The Consumer Attorneys of California
- UCLA Law Alumni Association