Personal Injury Cases We Handle in Beverly Hills
Our award-winning lawyers possess the depth of experience necessary to handle a range of serious personal injury cases, as well as cases involving death caused by negligent or wrongful acts.
Examples of cases we handle include:
Because every accident and injury are unique, our legal team places an emphasis on providing clients with personalized service and direct communication with an attorney. By taking the time to understand our clients’ situation, we can accumulate the facts and evidence needed to establish fault and liability and ensure that at-fault parties are held accountable for their negligence.
In addition to conducting the necessary investigations and crafting the clear and convincing arguments needed to establish liability, our legal team also works diligently to pursue the compensation they deserve. We understand injuries can have a profound and far-reaching impact on the lives of victims and their loves ones, which is why we seek to secure recoveries that maximize compensation for the full scope of their damages, including their medical expenses, lost earnings, pain and suffering, and more.
If you are involved in a car accident, you may find yourself dealing with unexpected medical bills and vehicle repairs, as well as lost wages from time taken off work to seek medical attention and recover. This can cause a great deal of suffering and stress, in addition to the emotional trauma of the accident itself. Our attorneys can help you work to recover fair financial compensation for your damages so that you don’t have to face these burdens on your own. We know how to thoroughly investigate car accident claims and take on auto insurance providers who are unwilling to pay out rightful claims.
In California, dog owners are liable for their animals under the state’s rule of strict liability. This means that you do not need to prove that the dog owner knew or should have known that the dog was aggressive or likely to attack in order to seek compensation for your damages. Instead, you only need to prove that you were in a public place or lawfully on private property when you were bitten, and that you did not provoke the dog. Our attorneys can assist you with your dog bite injury claim. Contact us as soon as possible, as plaintiffs only have 2 years to bring a claim in most cases.
In Los Angeles, including in Beverly Hills where there is a great deal of foot traffic, pedestrian accidents are far too common. Pedestrians are no match for large, heavy vehicles; when pedestrian-vehicle accidents occur, it is the person on foot who typically sustains serious and even fatal injuries. Victims and their loved ones should not have to face the consequences of a motorist’s negligence on their own. Our attorneys can help you seek fair compensation for your medical bills, lost income or wages, disability, inconvenience, pain and suffering, or compensation in a wrongful death claim.
Truck accident claims are not like other types of motor vehicle cases. First, victims often suffer severe, catastrophic injuries or death. The nature of truck accident injuries means that victims require compensation both for their immediate losses and their ongoing costs. Second, truck accident claims are very complex due to the number of liable parties. In many cases, trucking companies are responsible for the actions of their drivers under California’s respondeat superior rules. Depending on the unique factors involved in your case, you may be able to take action against the truck driver, the trucking company, the truck manufacturer, and/or another party. Our truck accident attorneys can thoroughly investigate your case, working with accident reconstructionists and other experts, to determine liability and fight to hold the responsible party/parties accountable.
There is nothing more difficult than losing a loved one. While nothing can compensate for your loss, a wrongful death lawsuit can ease the financial burdens associated with an unexpected death and help bring a sense of justice for surviving family members and loved ones. At BD&J, we assist surviving spouses, children, and other eligible parties in pursuing wrongful death actions against negligent individuals, businesses, corporations, and other entities. We can assist you with your claim and provide the personalized and dedicated legal support you and your family need at this time.
How We Make the Difference
Our civil justice system protects the rights of victims injured due to the negligence of others and enables them to hold at-fault parties liable for the damages they suffered. Although compensation is available, it is never guaranteed, especially as insurance companies do all they can to defend their policyholders, dispute claims, and pay as little as possible. When everyday citizens face off against these corporations, working with the right attorney can make all the difference.
Backed by decades of collective experience, highly educated legal minds, and proven negotiation and litigation abilities, our legal team levels the playing field between victims and insurance companies that place profits over people. Our Beverly Hills personal injury lawyers know the tactics used by insurers, and how to build cases that can succeed in ensuring they fully and fairly compensate the injured. With BD&J by your side, you gain the support of proven advocates who know how to win tough cases.
Why Should You Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer?
After an injury — whether it results from a car accident, defective product, or act of medical malpractice — a personal injury lawyer can help you with what to do next. If your injury was caused by someone else’s negligence, you deserve compensation, and an experienced attorney can help you fight for this compensation.
Here are some of the reasons why you should consider hiring a personal injury lawyer if you were injured in an accident:
- An attorney has experience evaluating claims, meaning they can help you determine if you have grounds for legal action. An attorney can also walk you through possible other options. At BD&J, our personal injury lawyers offer free initial consultations. This means there is no cost to you in learning more about what steps you can take to seek compensation for your damages.
- Personal injury attorneys typically follow a contingency fee pay structure. This means that their attorneys’ fees are contingent on them recovering a settlement or verdict for you; if they do not secure compensation for you, you do not owe any attorneys’ fees. The standard personal injury attorney fee in California is about 33% of the total recovery, but be sure to ask about fees and pay structures at any potential law firm.
- Your attorney will know how to properly investigate your accident claim. This is important because an investigation can help determine what happened and who is liable for your damages. In some cases, an investigation can reveal multiple potential avenues of compensation. An investigation will often include reviewing things like the scene of the accident and your vehicle/the other vehicle (in car accident cases), your medical records, witness statements, video footage (if available), and more.
- Personal injury lawyers often work with entire teams of experts in investigating claims and building cases for their clients. These teams may consist of medical doctors, expert witnesses, accident reconstructionists, economic specialists, and more.
- Working with an attorney can allow you to focus on healing while your attorney focuses on the legal aspects of your case, such as navigating the maze of paperwork and red tape involved in these types of cases, negotiating with insurance adjusters and their attorneys, and making objective decisions based on protecting your best interests.
- An attorney may be able to help you resolve your claim through alternative dispute resolution or settlement negotiation, allowing you to avoid having to go to trial. This can save you a great deal of time, money, and stress.
- Working with a personal injury lawyer has been shown countless times to result in larger, better settlements and verdicts than when people attempt to resolve their claims on their own. Insurance companies know that most people don’t understand personal injury law and will use this to their advantage by offering lowball settlements. Without an attorney to advise you, you could unwittingly accept a settlement that is much lower than what you actually need and are entitled to receive. In contrast, insurance companies know that a skilled personal injury lawyer is not going to accept a lowball settlement and, in fact, is ready to pursue your case at trial. This often results in insurance companies offering higher settlements. And, when they don’t, your attorney can fight for you and your recovery in the courtroom.
Discuss Your Case During a FREE Consultation
BD&J is available 24/7 to assist injured victims and families throughout Beverly Hills and the surrounding communities of California. If you or someone you love has recently been harmed as a result of negligent or wrongful conduct, we encourage you to reach out to our firm for the immediate support and representation you need as you navigate the legal journey ahead.