Your Options If Hit by an Uninsured Driver

If you have been involved in a car accident with an uninsured driver, you still have many avenues from which to receive compensation for your losses:

  1. Med Pay: If you carry Med Pay coverage on your policy, your medical bills may still be covered up to your policy limits. Oftentimes there is no deductible.
  2. Health Insurance: Your health insurance should pay for any injuries sustained in the car accident minus deductibles and your co-payments.
  3. Collision Coverage: Your insurance company should cover the cost of vehicle repairs if your policy includes collision coverage.
  4. Uninsured Motorist Coverage (UM): UM coverage covers for lost wages, as well as pain and suffering on top of medical expenses. Drivers in California are not required to carry UM coverage, but it is highly advised.
  5. File a Lawsuit: It is best to try the above options, before looking to file a lawsuit as you cannot sue the uninsured driver AND get max compensation from your insurance carrier. Additionally, the uninsured driver is unlikely have money or assets, or they would have been carrying insurance.

Navigating the legal process once you have been in an accident is extremely challenging & taxing. Hiring an attorney is likely to lesson an accident victims burden and maximize your compensation.

After an accident, call BD&J, PC at (855) 906-3699!

Do I Have A Case?

The Initial Consultation is Free

Were your injuries caused by the negligent actions of another? Not sure what to do? Let us review your case and provide the insight you need.

    • Please enter your name.
    • This isn't a valid email address.
      Please enter your email address.
    • This isn't a valid phone number.
    • Please enter a subject.
    • Please make a selection.
    • Please describe your case.