Postmates Accident Attorneys in Los Angeles
Pursuing Justice & Compensation for LA’s Injury Victims
The recent boom of delivery applications used by consumers has coincided with the increase of accidents involving drivers employed by Postmates. If you were in an accident with or injured in any way by a Postmates delivery driver, you have the right seek financial compensation for the damages you suffered.
Common Postmates Accident Injuries Include:
- Back & Neck Injury
- Nerve Damage
- Hand & Wrist Injury
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Facial Damage
- Hearing & Ear Damage
- Knee & Ankle Injury
Financial Recovery for Postmates Injury Victims
Due to the increased number of accidents involving its drivers, Postmates recently announced an increase in its insurance coverage rates. Similar to Lyft and Uber, Postmates drivers now carry $1,000,000 in excess coverage. If a Postmates driver’s negligence contributed to your accident, you might be entitled to financial compensation for your injuries.
The following damages can potentially be recovered:
- Medical & rehabilitation costs
- Property damage, loss of income, & loss of earning potential
- Mental anguish, emotional trauma, pain & suffering
- Punitive damages
Steps to Take Following the Accident
If you have been injured in an accident involving a delivery driver, there are specific steps you should take to ensure that you have the best chance of a successful claim.
- Call 911 - Have them complete a Traffic Collision Report.
- Seek medical attention immediately if injured - Documentation of your medical injuries is essential to a solid claim.
- Take pictures of the collision - You will want photos of the injuries, the scene, and all vehicles involved.
- Collect information from all parties involved - Take down information on the ID, driver’s license, insurance, registration, license plate, and all other information.
- Get contact information of witnesses - If there were witnesses, collect their names, phone numbers, and what they saw.
- Keep your mouth shut - Do not speak with the other party about the accident or your injuries. Do not speak with the insurance company until you have talked with a lawyer.
- Contact an experienced personal injury attorney who can diligently handle your lawsuit.
Time Period for Filing Your Injury Claim
In California, injury victims usually have 2 years from the date of the incident to file their claim. You can lose your right to recover damages if you fail to file your claim on time. Exceptions to the 2-year rule include minors and victims who are mentally or physically incapacitated.
Have you been injured by a Postmates delivery driver? If so, you may be legally entitled to recover financial damages for your injuries. At BD&J, PC, our Postmates delivery accident attorneys can walk you through the claim process to help ensure your rights are protected. We have recovered over $1 billion for our clients and are ready to put our experience to work for you.
Call (855) 906-3699 to speak with our Los Angeles Postmates accident lawyers.