Get started on your Postmates Accidents case by calling us at (855) 906-3699 or filling out our online form today!
Financial Recovery for Postmates Injury Victims
Does Postmates Require Insurance?
Due to the increased number of accidents involving its drivers, Postmates recently announced an increase in its insurance coverage rates. Similar to Lyft and Uber, Postmates drivers now carry $1,000,000 in excess coverage. If a Postmates driver’s negligence contributed to your accident, you might be entitled to financial compensation for your injuries.
For the excess coverage to be applicable, the driver's app must have been on, and they must have been working. There is some gray area around what counts as the app being "on" and even what constitutes working for the driver. Additionally, the rules and regulations are constantly shifting. For these reasons, it's highly recommended you work with an attorney experienced in Postmates cases.
The following damages can potentially be recovered:
- Medical & rehabilitation costs
- Property damage, loss of income, & loss of earning potential
- Mental anguish, emotional trauma, pain & suffering
- Punitive damages
Steps to Take Following the Accident
If you have been injured in an accident involving a delivery driver, there are specific steps you should take to ensure that you have the best chance of a successful claim.
- Call 911 - Have them complete a traffic collision report.
- Seek medical attention immediately if injured - Documentation of your medical injuries is essential to a solid claim.
- Take pictures of the collision - You will want photos of the injuries, the scene, and all vehicles involved.
- Collect information from all parties involved - Take down information on the ID, driver’s license, insurance, registration, license plate, and all other information.
- Get contact information of witnesses - If there were witnesses, collect their names, phone numbers, and what they saw.
- Avoid giving out unnecessary information - Do not speak with the other party about the accident or your injuries. Do not speak with the insurance company until you have talked with a lawyer.
- Contact an experienced personal injury attorney who can diligently handle your lawsuit.
How Do I Report a Postmates Driver?
If you would like to get compensation for the accident, then it's important not to leave justice in the hands of the company. They will try to avoid responsibility, so just gathering information from them will be the best route.
Time Period for Filing Your Injury Claim
In California, injury victims usually have 2 years from the date of the incident to file their claim. You can lose your right to recover damages if you fail to file your claim on time. Exceptions to the 2-year rule include minors and victims who are mentally or physically incapacitated.
Have you been injured by a Postmates delivery driver? If so, you may be legally entitled to recover financial damages for your injuries. At BD&J, our Postmates delivery accident attorneys in Los Angeles can walk you through the claim process to help ensure your rights are protected. We have recovered over $1 billion for our clients and are ready to put our experience to work for you.
Contact us at (855) 906-3699 or fill out our online form to schedule a FREE case consultation with our attorneys.