San Jose Car Accident Lawyers
Injured in a Car Crash? You Have Rights!
Have you been injured in a car accident that wasn’t your fault? Are you facing expensive medical bills and vehicle repair or replacement costs following a collision that should never have happened?
The time is now to put an experienced car accident lawyer on your side who can help you recover the compensation you are due.
If you have been injured in a car crash and are wondering where to turn, we invite you to contact our San Jose car accident attorneys at BD&J for a free consultation.
We would be happy to review the details of your case, help you understand your rights, and discuss your legal options.
With our team on your side, you may be able to recover compensation for:
- Past and future medical bills
- Pain and suffering
- Vehicle repair costs
- Lost wages
- Lost earning capacity
Types of Car Accident Cases We Handle
At BD&J San Jose, we handle a wide variety of car accident cases, including:
- Hit and run accidents
- Accidents with uninsured or underinsured motorists
- Drunk driving accidents
- Accidents caused by drowsy drivers
- Accidents caused by distracted drivers
No matter what the circumstances of your accident, our experienced team knows what it takes to pursue maximum results in each case. Whether your case involves going up against the at-fault driver’s insurance company or filing a personal injury lawsuit, we are prepared to do whatever it takes to ensure that you are properly compensated.
Statute of Limitations for Car Accident Lawsuits in California
The personal injury Statute of Limitations for car accidents in California is two years. If you have been injured in an accident the time limit to file a suit for damages, both economic and non-economic is two years from the time of the accident.
However, there are several exceptions to this rule. For example, if the accident involved a minor, the deadline is extended until they turn 18. After the two-year period, if no exception applies, you will not be able to collect monetary damages. Additional information regarding exceptions or limits on damages can be found in the California Code of Civil Procedure section 335.1.
If you have been injured in a car accident as a result of someone else's negligence, you may be entitled to compensation. Call our San Jose car accident lawyer today to find out how we can help you.
What You Do Right After a Crash Counts
A successful car accident claim will prove that you were not liable for the crash and, therefore, are entitled to full compensation. To show that you were not liable, you need to start thinking about how to get evidence surrounding the crash, including right after it happens.
After a car accident, you should always do the following to help with your future claim:
- Call the authorities: If someone has been seriously injured in your accident or debris from a vehicle scattered into the road, then you should call 911 and get emergency help to the scene. Police officers, firefighters, and paramedics can all help get control of the situation and provide first aid as needed. They can also give you copies of their official reports, which might mention that the other driver caused the accident.
- Take photographs and video: You can start to collect your own evidence while waiting for emergency services to arrive at the scene of your accident. Use your smartphone to take photos and videos of vehicular damage, injuries, and the environment surrounding you, including traffic patterns and the weather. Photographic evidence is often the most powerful tool a car accident attorney can use when fighting with an insurance company for damages.
- Speak with passersby: Talk to anyone who stops to help you after your crash. Many goodhearted people will pull over and see if they can lend a hand. While they might not be capable of helping with injuries, they can tell you what they saw. Other drivers can sometimes have a clearer perspective of a crash because they were not directly involved.
- See a doctor: You need to see a medical provider the same day as your car accident, no matter if you think you’re seriously injured or not. Waiting to get a check-up can worsen your injuries. Delaying medical help can also increase your liability if you do have an underlying injury that becomes more prominent later. An insurer can argue that your injury would have been easier —and less expensive — to treat had you acted sooner, and that they should not have to pay the full amount for your care.
Over $1 Billion Recovered for Our Clients
Since we first opened our doors, BD&J has recovered more than $1 billion in compensation for our clients, including several multimillion-dollar car accident settlements.
Skilled, knowledgeable, and with a genuine desire to secure the very best results possible for our clients, we take pride in going above and beyond to protect the rights of the wrongfully injured.
If you’ve been hurt, allow our firm to be your steadfast advocate while you recover from your injury. There are no fees to begin your case and your initial consultation is free, so there is no risk to you in calling our firm to consult an attorney.