Get started on your Uber Accidents case by calling us at (855) 906-3699 or filling out our online form today!
Who Is Liable in an Uber Accident?
Those who have been following Uber’s trajectory in the news know how Uber treats its staff and passengers. It is a billion-dollar business, meaning they stand to lose millions in personal injury cases if they don’t dispute accident claims. While Uber has taken out a $1 million auto insurance policy to cover property damage and medical bills in the event of an accident, their insurance company may still try to deny you coverage.
The company will do this by seeking to exploit any loophole it can. For example, in one case, an Uber driver struck and killed a 6-year-old girl, Sofia Liu. Uber famously denied liability on the grounds that neither the vehicle nor the driver was making a trip using the Uber system. According to the company, Uber drivers without Uber fares are not Uber cars; however, in the suit following the Sofia Liu’s death, the attorney representing the family argued the company can’t detach itself from its own users whenever the drivers become inconvenient.
If you are involved in an Uber accident, you cannot depend on the company to grant you the full cost of your compensation, particularly if your medical bills are expensive. Catastrophic injuries, such as quadriplegia, can cost personal injury victims into the millions over the course of a lifetime.
What Should I Do If I Was Hit by an Uber Driver?
After an accident caused by an Uber driver, it is essential that the claimant take the proper steps to prove that they were the victim, and the Uber driver was negligent.
Here are some essential steps to take:
- Call 911 Immediately. Reporting the accident is important for ensuring that there is a record of the incident.
- If you’ve been hurt, seek medical attention immediately.
- Gather information of all parties involved. Make sure that you gather information from the Uber driver, such as their driver’s license number, license plate, and insurance information.
- Collect contact information from any witnesses so you can have the insurance company contact them for a third-party perspective.
- Take pictures of the accident, including the scene, the vehicles involved, and any injuries suffered.
- Contact an experienced and qualified Los Angeles Uber accident lawyer at once to help you through your case. It is advisable that you do not talk with anyone until speaking with your lawyer.
What Compensation Can I Pursue in an Uber Accident?
By filing a personal injury claim after an Uber accident, you are in pursuit of financial compensation for the various damages you faced. If the Uber driver or company is proven guilty for the injuries you have suffered, you may be entitled to compensation for:
- Lost income from time away from work
- Personal items that have been damaged
- Hospitalization expenses
- Medication you have had to take as a result
- Physical therapy
- Surgical fees
Because of the rise of Uber accident claims, new laws are being crafted and regulations set in place. It will be important to work with a knowledgeable Uber accident lawyer to build a powerful claim.
Pursuing the Compensation You Deserve
If you are having trouble getting compensation after an Uber accident, don’t hesitate to call our experienced Los Angeles Uber accident attorneys. Our firm was founded on the idea that victims of personal injury have a right to the settlements and verdicts they deserve. Our Uber lawyers are proud to offer their hard work and dedication to help our clients achieve their goals. Let us see what we can do for you.
Contact us at (855) 906-3699 or fill out our online form to schedule a FREE case consultation with our attorneys.