Throughout his career, Shawn has received awards and recognition for his client advocacy skills and dedication to excellence by several attorney organizations. In 2011, Shawn received the F. Scott Baldwin Trial Lawyer of the Year Award from the American Association for Justice, New Lawyers Division. He was also awarded the Presidential Award by the Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles in 2011. Each year from 2005 to 2013, Shawn was named a Super Lawyers Rising Star. Shawn was recognized as a Super Lawyer in 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018. Shawn most recently has been recognized for the Best Lawyers in America Personal Injury Litigation-Plaintiffs award for 2018.
Since 2011, Shawn has served on the state-wide level as a member of the Board of Governors of the Consumer Attorneys of California. At a national level, Shawn is a member of the American Board of Trial Advocates National Board and also served as a State Delegate to the American Association for Justice. Locally, Shawn serves on the Judicial Elections Evaluation Committee of the Los Angeles County Bar Association, a position he has held since 2010. As a member of the ABOTA Executive Committee, Shawn created ABOTA SideBar, a program designed to foster diversity and educate young trial attorneys on the importance of civility among lawyers.
Shawn is also a trustee of the Pound Civil Justice Institute, a national legal “think tank” focusing on issues affecting the U.S. Civil Justice System. He has published articles and is regularly invited to speak at seminars and provide instruction for attorneys in the areas of trial skills, civil procedure, and effective litigation practices.
- Villanova University, Bachelor of Science
- Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, Juris Doctor
- 2019-2021 Top 100 Lawyers for Super Lawyers
- Former President of CAALA - Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles
- 2019 Southern California Super Lawyers
- Best Lawyers in America Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs, 2018
- F. Scott Baldwin Trial Lawyer of the Year, American Association for Justice
- Presidential Award, Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles
- Rising Star 2005-2013, by Super Lawyers in Los Angeles Magazine
- Super Lawyer 2014-2015, Super Lawyers in Los Angeles Magazine
- California State Bar
- Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles (President)
- American Association of Justice (State Delegate)
- Pound Civil Justice Institute
- LA County Bar Association (Judicial Evaluations Committee)
- American Board of Trial Associates
- Trial Lawyers Charities of Los Angeles (Honorary Board)
- Member of the ABOTA National Board