Hit and Run Accident: What to Do!
- If you are driving, pull over and turn on your emergency lights.
- Grab a pen and paper or your phone and write down as many details as you
can remember. Or even try to get a photo of the other drivers license
plate if they are still in view.
- Call 911.
While waiting for the police, look for witnesses. Ask them to stay until
the police come If they can’t, get their contact information.
- Witness #1: Name/Phone/Email
- Witness #2: Name/Phone/Email
Begin taking photos of:
- Your car at different angles
- Take photos of your car relative to the street
- Any pieces of your vehicle or the other vehicle that may have fallen on the road
Make a quick diagram of the accident site:
- Streets, traffic signs, obstacles in the road
- All directions of travel for cars and lane directions
- Where the vehicle occupants were seated
- Once the police have finished taking your statement and photos of the scene,
call a tow truck if your car is inoperable.
- Call BD&J at (855) 906-3699 for a free consultation!