Available 24/7 (855) 906-3699 Hablamos Español

Common Bicycle Accident Questions

Q: If I believe my accident was caused by a road defect, who can I sue?

A: You may be able to sue the governmental body in charge of maintaining roadways if your bicycle accident occurred because the road conditions were dangerous as result of poor signage, defective construction & poor maintenance.

Q: Am I required by law to wear a helmet while riding a bicycle?

A: If you are under 18 years old, you are required to wear a helmet. Adult riders are not required to wear helmets in most of California, however, a helmet can reduce the chance of head injuries if you are involved in a crash.

Q: How long do I have to file a bicycle accident claim?

A: California has a two-year statute of limitations for bicycle accidents claims.

Q: Can I still receive compensation for a bicycle accident if I was partly at fault?

A: Since bicyclists are subject to the same rules as motorists, they are expected to exercise caution & ride safely. However, if you were injured in a bicycle accident where you were partially at fault, you may still be able to get compensation for your injuries.

Q: Do I need an attorney after a bicycle accident?

A: While you do not need an attorney, a qualified bicycle accident lawyer will help you file your claim & work towards getting you the compensation you deserve!

If you or a loved one was injured in a bicycle accident, call BD&J at (855) 906-3699 for help with your case!