It is always smart to be prepared in case of an accident. One way to ensure you are always prepared is to create an Emergency Car Kit. Should you ever have to wait for emergency services, or help others who have been in an accident, this kit will come in handy!
Items you should place in your kit:
- first-aid kit (bandages, antihistamine, painkillers, etc.)
- emergency food and water (cereal bars can last for months)
- warning light or road flares
- booster cables
- bungee cord (to keep the trunk from flying up when overloaded)
- safety vest (if you have to get out of the car on the highway)
- road maps (or GPS) in case of a sudden detour
- matches and a candle in a deep can (to warm hands, heat a bottle or use as an emergency light)
- windshield washer fluid and motor oil
- sand, salt or kitty litter to use as traction in slippery or snowy conditions
- extra clothing and footwear
- functional spare tire
- winter supplies (ice scraper and brush, antifreeze, etc.)
In caseof an accident, call BD&J at (855) 906-3699!