Successfully Recovered Over $1.5 Billion*
Accidents can occur anywhere, anytime. If you have been injured due to the negligence of another, our knowledgeable legal team of Riverside personal injury lawyers at BD&J wants to help. We know that following an accident or unexpected injury, you are likely facing a number of costly medical bills, a devastating loss of work, and emotional distress in the form of pain and suffering. If so, you cannot afford to leave your future in the hands of a lawyer who won’t prioritize you and your needs.
Whether your injury is significant or minimal, you deserve ample time to recover, both physically and emotionally. At BD&J, we are committed to handling the entirety of your case while you focus on healing as effectively and efficiently as possible. Thanks to our successful history of winning on behalf of our clients, we feel a true sense of confidence when we claim to fight for client satisfaction above all, starting with the compensation you are entitled to.
When to Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer
If you were involved in an accident, you may be wondering if you even need a personal injury attorney. The truth is, while you are not required to work with an attorney on your claim, those who do tend to achieve far more favorable outcomes than those who do not.
If your case is truly simple and straightforward, with no question of fault or any other complicating factors such as serious injuries, it may be possible to resolve your claim on your own. However, it’s incredibly rare for personal injury cases to be this black and white. There is almost always room for some gray area. If your case has any complexities at all, or could be potentially disputed by the insurance company, it is in your best interest to work with an experienced personal injury lawyer.
When considering when to hire a lawyer for your personal injury case, ask yourself the following questions:
- Were you or anyone else injured in the accident/event?
- Are your injuries significant or severe?
- Did anyone die?
- Do you have health insurance?
- Were you partially at fault?
- Do you think liability could be disputed?
- Was any of your property, including your vehicle, damaged?
- Have you had trouble reaching the insurance company?
- Were you offered a lowball settlement?
- Was your claim denied?
These and other complicating factors can make pursuing compensation incredibly difficult for the ordinary, everyday individual. It’s a good idea to work with a team of legal professionals who can help you navigate the process and protect your best interests.
How Does the Personal Injury Claims Process Work?
The personal injury process involves numerous steps, all of which must be followed completely and correctly. First, your attorney will help you establish whether you have legal standing to bring a claim. In other words, did you suffer damages due to another person or party’s negligence/failure to uphold a duty of care they owed to you? Once this has been established, the next step is to send an official notification letter to the insurance company outlining your intent to file a claim. After this, you should receive a reservation of rights letter from the insurance company. This letter acknowledges your intent to file a claim but does not admit liability on the part of the insurance company. Your attorney can handle both of these processes for you.
Next, your attorney will begin the investigation. During this phase, your attorney will look into the details of what happened, the extent of your injuries, income you lost as a result of your injuries, and other relevant factors. Your attorney will likely need to access the accident report (if applicable), as well as your medical records, witness statements (if available), and other key pieces of evidence.
Following this, your attorney will send a demand letter stating your damages and expenses to the liable party. Next, your attorney will typically negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf in order to recover a settlement for you. While the majority of personal injury cases are resolved through settlements, some cases will need to proceed to litigation. This typically happens when the liable party refuses to admit responsibility or tries to offer a lowball settlement.
If your case does proceed to trial, your attorney will help you prepare for court. This process will typically involve filing court papers, undergoing discovery, taking part in mediation, and going to trial where you will receive a judge or jury verdict.
For more information, or for help with your claim, contact our Riverside personal injury lawyers today and request a free consultation.
Cases We Handle
Our California legal team handles many types of personal injury cases, including:
- Car Accidents: Many people believe that filing an insurance claim after an auto accident is a relatively easy and straightforward process; after all, if someone else was at fault for the accident, their insurance company should pay for the damages, right? While it is true that the at-fault party’s insurance provider should pay for your medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, vehicle repairs, and other damages, actually recovering that compensation is rarely simple. In order to limit the amount they have to pay out, insurance companies will often devalue or outright deny car accident claims. In order to better your chances of recovering the maximum allowable compensation in your case, it is in your best interest to work with an experienced attorney, like the Riverside car accident attorneys at our firm. In California, there is a 2-year statute of limitations on car accident claims, so it is a good idea to contact us right away to discuss your situation.
- Catastrophic Injuries: When an injury is particularly devastating or renders the victim unable to earn a living to support themselves, it is generally considered to be a “catastrophic” injury. These injuries, which include traumatic brain injuries and spinal cord injuries, among others, often result in serious physical damage, emotional trauma, and significant financial burdens. Victims and their families will face exorbitant medical bills, lost current and future wages, reduced quality of life, and more. If you or your loved one suffered catastrophic injuries as a result of someone else’s negligence, it’s important that you work with an attorney who is experienced in handling the unique challenges these types of injury claims pose.
- Premises Liability: If you were injured on someone else’s property — whether because you slipped and fell on spilled liquid, tripped on uneven flooring, accidentally touched exposed electrical wiring, or were hurt in any other way as a result of a dangerous property condition — you may have grounds for a premises liability claim. Property owners are responsible for conducting routine maintenance, removing hazards, making necessary repairs, and warning visitors of potentially dangerous situations. When they fail to do this, you can seek compensation for your resulting medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages.
- Product Liability: Product designers, manufacturers, and distributors are required by law to create and sell products that are reasonably safe for normal consumer use. When a product is unreasonably dangerous or defective, innocent individuals can be severely injured or even killed. If you were injured by a defective product, it is not necessary to prove that someone was negligent in creating that product — only that the product was defective and, as a result of this defect, you were injured and/or suffered measurable damages. Our lawyers can help conduct the investigation, gather evidence, and negotiate for a fair settlement on your behalf. If the liable party refuses to settle, we are prepared to take your case to trial.
- Truck Accidents: Truck accident claims are typically very complex. Depending on the circumstances of your case, there may be multiple at-fault parties, including the truck driver, the trucking company that employs the truck driver, a truck/truck parts manufacturer, or another entity. At BD&J, we have extensive experience handling truck accident claims in Riverside and throughout California; our truck accident attorneys understand how to investigate these claims in order to determine the true cause of the accident, as well as who is liable. We know that many truck accident victims suffer serious, catastrophic injuries, which is why we build cases aimed at recovering compensation for all of your damages — current and future.
- Wrongful Death: When a person dies as a result of a defective product or due to someone else’s negligent or wrongful actions in the state of California, certain surviving loved ones may bring a wrongful death lawsuit against the liable party. Though nothing could “compensate” for the loss of a loved one, a wrongful death claim can allow you to recover for medical bills your loved one accrued as a result of the accident, as well as funeral/burial costs, loss of support and companionship, loss of expected income/inheritance, loss of the value of household services, and other damages. In some cases, the judge may even award punitive damages, which are meant to punish the at-fault party in instances of severe or egregious negligence.
Contact Our Riverside Legal Team Today!
Personal injury cases can be stressful and overwhelming, as there is so much on the line. This is why our team of Riverside personal injury lawyers at BD&J ensures that you are taken care of every step of the way.
Why Choose BD&J to Represent Your Claim?
- Our legal team is comprised of highly educated trial attorneys.
- We can work on your claim on a contingency fee basis.
- Our firm has won over $1.5 billion*.
- You will have direct communication with our attorneys.
We pride ourselves on delivering you the results you deserve, no matter the obstacles or challenges in our way. With us on your side, you can rest assured you are in the hands of a team that won’t give up on you or your case.