Los Angeles Catastrophic Injury Lawyers
You Could Be Owed Significant Compensation for Your Injuries
A catastrophic injury is often described as an injury that causes or will likely cause a permanent disability, or an injury that puts the victim’s life in immediate danger. When someone has been catastrophically injured due to someone else’s negligence, they could have a claim for significant compensation. Unfortunately, insurance companies know that catastrophic injury cases can be highly valuable, too, so they will work diligently to defeat any such claim filed against them.
When you could be staring down a serious fight with an insurance company, you should get ready with serious legal representation of your own. If you were catastrophically injured in or around Los Angeles, then BD&J can help you understand your legal rights and take action. We’re considered a premier personal injury law firm with the resources and insight needed to handle virtually any claim, including those dealing with life-changing injuries.
Let us tell you more about our firm. Dial (855) 906-3699 today.
Forms of Catastrophic Injuries
Whether your catastrophic injury was caused by a car accident, a defective product, or another type of serious incident, you can depend on our legal team to manage your case. With more than $1 billion recovered for our clients throughout our practice histories, we have seen all sorts of cases. One goal of ours when working on a catastrophic injury case is to better understand your injury and the many ways it has impacted your life. We can work with medical and financial experts to do just that.
A few forms of catastrophic injuries include:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI): A minor injury to the brain can actually be the start of a life-changing brain injury, depending on what part of the brain was injured. Traumatic brain injuries are usually incapable of healing fully, so brain injury victims will live with the consequences of that injury for the rest of their lives.
- Burn injuries: Third-degree burns are likely to permanently scar the victim, even with emergency medical care, skin grafts, and other forms of treatment. Even after the pain of the burn has faded, it can be emotionally painful for a burn victim to adjust to their new appearance.
- Spinal cord injuries: Like a brain injury, a spinal cord injury can cause permanent debilitations or paralysis with just a “minor” amount of damage. The spinal cord cannot heal readily, either.
- Amputations: Losing a limb is obviously catastrophic and life-changing. Modern prosthetics can do much to help replace some functionality of the lost limb, but there will still be a noticeable difference in control and day-to-day comfort.
Worth of a Catastrophic Injury Claim
The end goal of any catastrophic injury claim we manage is to secure your complete satisfaction as our client, which is usually reflected in obtaining you the largest settlement or award possible for your damages. With this in mind, we can go above and beyond what you might expect of an attorney and legal services. We want to uncover all of your damages and any insurance policies that the liable party holds. There could be a chance to file against multiple policies, so we can confidently pursue the most compensation without hitting an insurance cap.
The worth of your catastrophic injury claim will be determined by your damages, such as:
- Medical costs: The medical treatments required to care for your catastrophic injury could be significant. For example, treating a brain injury can easily cost six figures within the first few days of hospitalization and surgeries. You should not have to pay that yourself if someone else caused your brain injury. Furthermore, all future medical treatments should be covered, too, because you could feasibly need routine rehabilitative therapy for the rest of your life.
- Lost income: A catastrophic injury could take you completely away from your career path without any hope of returning. For example, someone who works in construction but suffers a spinal cord injury cannot safely return to that job. A catastrophic injury claim can sue for the income you will likely be unable to make for the rest of your life, even after you reach your maximum medical improvement (MMI).
- Permanent disability: As described, a catastrophic injury will almost always cause a permanent disability in one form or another. You can sue for damages that reflect the hardships caused by your disability.
- Pain and suffering: Another form of non-economic damage you can pursue in a catastrophic injury claim is called “pain and suffering” damage. Although no amount of money can undo the pain you’ve experienced from your serious injury, knowing that you can receive financial compensation to help keep you afloat as you recover can help ease some of the frustrations.
Discuss Your Case with BD&J
Call (855) 906-3699 now if you were catastrophically injured in a violent accident in or around Los Angeles. BD&J and our catastrophic injury attorneys are standing by to lend our professional assistance and counsel. With us managing your case, it could be possible to secure a sizeable case result without doing anything to stress yourself out. We’ll deal with all the tricky and difficult parts of your case!
Contact us now for a FREE consultation.