Los Angeles Motorcycle Accident Attorneys
Assisting Injured Victims Throughout California
Motorcycle accidents can be devastating — because motorcycles offer fewer protections for riders than cars and other vehicles, collisions often result in extensive injury. Unfortunately, these types of accidents occur all too often as car and truck drivers fail to pay attention to motorcyclists on the road. If you or a loved one was involved in a motorcycle accident that resulted in bodily injury, emotional distress, or even death, our firm is here to help.
At BD&J, our team of skilled Los Angeles motorcycle accident attorneys has helped thousands of injured victims fight for the fair compensation they are owed. When another person’s careless or reckless behavior causes an accident that leaves you injured, you shouldn’t have to suffer on your own. Let our firm stand up for your rights.
Injured in an accident? Call our Los Angelesmotorcycle accident lawyers today at (855) 906-3699 for a consultation with our team.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
Motorcycle accidents are often the fault of other drivers. Motorcycles are smaller and faster than cars, and drivers do not always look for motorcyclists before changing lanes, turning, or stopping at red lights. Additionally, debris and unsafe road conditions are typically far more dangerous for motorcyclists than the average auto driver.
Some common causes of motorcycle accidents include:
- Sudden stop collisions– This occurs when a vehicle rear-ends a motorcycle rider from behind. This can cause the rider to be catapulted off their bike, leading to severe injuries.
- Collisions with cars and trucks – Anytime a vehicle collides with a motorcycle.
- Single motorcycle accidents – Whether you’re an experienced or novice bike rider, you are susceptible to any form of accident. These accidents can happy anytime, anywhere, and riders should always be ready in case an accident does occur.
- Open door accidents – Many drivers do not keep an open eye out for motorcycle riders who are lane-splitting or riding normally through traffic. When you lane-split between vehicles, a random vehicle opening their door in the middle of the road and hitting you is a possibility. This type of accident can send riders flying off their bike, or worse, dying from severe injuries.
- Road rage and aggressive maneuvering– Oftentimes, road rage occurs because motorists grow impatient or because one wants to intimidate the other for petty reasons. This can occur when motorists try to intentionally block motorcycle riders from passing by.
- Hazardous weather and highways – Rain, snow, sleet, hail, fires, oil slicks, potholes, and debris on the road are all contributors to motorcycle accidents.
Nearly all motorcycle accidents are serious. You may be suffering not only from painful physical injuries, but also financial stress due to mounting medical bills, lost wages, and an inability to return to work. These are all compounded by the emotional trauma of suffering a devastating accident.
Safety Reminders for Motorcyclists
- Stay vigilant at all times and always wear bright noticeable gear
- Don’t become overzealous with your motorcycle and start trying to do dangerous maneuvers in traffic
- When at a complete stop, make sure you are paying attention to approaching vehicles
- Do not cut off vehicles while in moving traffic — you may get clipped in the rear and spin out of control, or worse
How Our Firm Can Help
At BD&J, we believe that you shouldn’t have to suffer on your own. Our Los Angeles motorcycle accident lawyers are prepared to take on the liable insurance companies to work towards recovering the full, fair amount you are owed.
While financial reparation won’t negate your suffering, it can help you in your recovery by allowing you access to the medical treatments you need. At our Los Angeles office, we provide our outstanding legal services on a contingency-fee basis in order to ease the financial burden you are facing.