Weighing an average of 80,000 pounds, semi-trucks usually cause a significant amount of damage when involved in an accident. A collision involving a commercial truck can be destructive and expensive, not to mention life-threatening. If you or someone you love was injured in a truck accident, we want to help.
Our truck accident attorneys at BD&J, PC have recovered more than $500 million in verdicts and settlements on behalf of our clients. Not only are we driven to obtain significant results for our clients, we are also passionate about defending the rights of the wrongfully injured. When you trust our legal team with your case, you can rest easy knowing you are in caring, competent hands.
Call us at (559) 205-9920 to request a free consultation at our Fresno office.
Truck Collisions in California
Each year approximately 4,000 people die in the United States from accidents involving buses, commercial vehicles, or semi-trucks. While trucking accidents only make up about 4% of all motor vehicle accidents, roughly 8% of all fatal collisions involve trucks. This means trucking accidents are far more likely to be fatal than most other types of motor vehicle crashes.
Most accidents involving semi-trucks fall into one of the following categories:
- Jackknife accidents
- Rear-end accidents
- Rollover accidents
- Brake failure incidents
- Blind spot accidents
Whether the accident was caused by an error made by the driver or the trucking company, even the smallest mistakes can have serious repercussions. If you were injured in an accident involving a truck, it is important that you contact a legal representative who can investigate the circumstance of your crash and determine who may be held liable. In most trucking accidents, either the driver or employer is liable, though other parties may also be responsible.
Common causes of trucking accidents include:
- Driver fatigue
- Driver intoxication
- Improper loading of the truck bed or trailer
- Inadequate truck inspection
- Poorly maintained truck
- Manufacturing error regarding the truck or vehicle part
- Negligent driver hiring practices
- Inadequate driver training
What Does a Truck Accident Investigation Involve?
When investigating an accident, our Fresno truck accident attorneys will look at all available evidence in support of your claim, as well as all possible avenues of compensation.
A typical truck accident investigation will involve:
- Reviewing dispatch records, hours-of-service logs, dashboard cameras, personnel records from the trucking company, truck maintenance logs, cell phone records, and other relevant information from the trucking company
- Obtaining access to the truck’s event data recorder (EDR), also known as a “black box,” which records things like the vehicle’s speed, gas pedal position, brake application, lane departure, acceleration/deceleration, GPS data, and more
- Assessing physical evidence at the accident scene, such as tire skid marks and debris, as well as damage to your vehicle, the truck, and other involved vehicles and nearby infrastructure (if applicable)
- Recording official statements from the truck driver, any witnesses to the crash, trucking company employees, and other involved parties
- Analyzing truck and truck part recall databases to determine if the truck or a component was defective, which may have led to the crash
After gaining a clear picture of everything that happened before, leading up to, and during the crash, our attorneys can begin building a solid case covering all of your damages.
Seek Maximum Compensation for Your Injuries
At BD&J, PC, we understand how traumatic a trucking accident can be, which is why we want to help you obtain fair compensation for any injuries or damages you sustained. Damages may include medical bills, lost wages, property damage, as well as pain and suffering. Our Fresno team has extensive experience representing clients involved in semi-truck accidents and we are happy to help clients throughout the state of California.
To get started, contact BD&J, PC and discuss your case with our Fresno truck accident lawyers.
we advance your
No recovery - no fees. If we don’t win your case, you don’t pay a dime.
You will have direct communication with our attorneys 24/7.
Our attorneys are graduates of UCLA, Southwestern Law School, Pepperdine and Loyola.
BD&J has recovered more than $500 million on behalf of the injured.